With a presence in over 80 countries, paracetamol in Panadol is one of the world’s most trusted pain relievers.1,2
Panadol with paracetamol
Globally, paracetamol or acetaminophen is one of the most used analgesic and antipyretic over-the-counter drugs.3
Multi-component paracetamol preparations
Paracetamol is currently formulated as a single compound or as an active ingredient of multi-component preparations in combination with active ingredients1 to provide relief from fever and different types of pain (e.g. muscular and joint pains, headaches and migraines, and dysmenorrhoea).
Can be taken on an empty stomach
Paracetamol does not compromise the stomach’s protective lining and can be taken even on an empty stomach or by those at risk of stomach ulcers.4,5*
Why is Panadol suitable for treating mild or moderate pain and fever in patients with diabetes?
The bi-layer technology uses two formulations – an immediate release layer on the outside of the tablet release 31% of the paracetamol dose within 15 mins and a sustained-release layer delivers the remaining 69% of paracetamol dose provides up to 8 hours of pain relief.8
The Panadol range includes products with innovative technology for faster disintegration and absorption5,8 and, in combination with other ingredients such as caffeine to effectively handle tough pains.10-15
Panadol offers a range of solutions for individual patient needs
Panadol for children contains paracetamol, which is recommended as first-line treatment for fever and mild-to-moderate pain in children.17-19
The powerful triple action of paracetamol, acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) and caffeine working together to help combat migraine symptoms in 30 minutes and last for upto 6 hours.22,23
Panadol in practice
Joint pain & osteoarthritis
Based on the 2018 Global Pain Index (GPI), 92% of 24,000 people surveyed around the world suffered from some pain and 87% experienced joint pain.24 Discover more about joint and osteoarthritic pain including signs and symptoms and, how to manage them.
Fever is a common sign and symptom observed in a variety of clinical settings.25 Discover more about fever in adults and children including how to assess fever, “red flag” symptoms and its management.
Headache disorders, characterised by recurrent episode of headaches, are one of the most common disorders of the nervous system and, can be painful and disabling to sufferers.26 Find out more about tension-type headaches and migraines, “red flag” symptoms and how to manage them.